Monday, August 8, 2011

Daughter

Dear Maddie,

You are marvelous.

Photobucket

I don't know what brought this letter on, but I suddenly became overwhelmed with thoughts I needed to share with you. Thoughts that are overflowing from my heart.  Thoughts of how smart you are. How funny you are. How opposite of me you are... and how much the same. I look at you every day and am stunned at how interesting and beautiful God made you.

Photobucket

Your 13th month has been the best yet.  You've learned how to walk, you're picking up on words and sounds, your personality is starting to shine, and you babble all the time.  You have sticky fingers, too, and walk off with all my stuff!  Today, however, I asked you to go get what you took and bring it back and you DID!  You're a people pleaser.  :)

 One of our favorite traits is your sense of humor.  Before you were born, Daddy and I worried that you would be way more serious about things than we were.  God listens.  You are 14 months and fake laugh when we laugh!  Your actions and thoughts make us laugh and giggle and guffaw-- I considered "thesaurusing" laugh but I'm pretty sure you get the point..and that point is, you make us laugh....
Photobucket
And laugh....
Photobucket
And laugh...
Photobucket
And laugh...
Photobucket

There were signs of hilarity a year ago, but you just never know...

Photobucket

You have and continue to bring us absolute joy.  I'm so excited to watch you grow and become the person I will love forever.  So far, that person is pretty darn amazing....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please don't ever lose that walk...


Oh, I almost forgot!  You give excellent kisses!  I pretty much beg for them on a regular basis...and you've learned to lean forward and plant one on me.  I think you know I need them...
Photobucket
Thank you, Bug, for being the daughter I need....and for giving me the family I always wanted.
Photobucket

We love you.  Deeply.  Wholly.  And unconditionally....
Photobucket
Love,

Mom

PS  It's 3:30am....  I have no idea what I just typed... but I meant every word.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, and OH! This is soooo sweet! I love her swagger....hahahaha....cutest little walk ever :) And you don't need to worry about what you typed. You said it perfectly!
    Love,
    Kelly & Nora :) (as always, I'm nursing while I type)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully and perfectly written by an AMAZING mom!!! Maddie is one lucky lil girl! Every single pic is gorgeous! I super duper like the one of your perfect lil family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how precious!!! Sometimes the not knowing what you type as you are typing are the most raw, most wonderful words. This was simply beautiful and she will treasure it always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That. Was. Beautiful. It's been so cool to get to know you over the last few eventful years. You are a great friend, a good roomate, an amazing listener, and witty as Heck. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful! What a sweet post:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet Jen, you are blessed to have had your baby (ies ;-) at a time in history that you can type out your feelings and journal at the drop of a hat. what a treasure this will be to Maddie and YOU years down the road. Madsie is very loved! and so are you, Love ya, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so sweet : ) Your baby is adorable... and your love is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so I've been behind on your blog, but this is perfect! I love the words you chose as much as the pics!! You are an amazing photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Now I've found your blog, too! This is beautiful! And trust me, it just keeps getting better and better. Really. You won't believe me when she's 3, but it's true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post that baby is so cute and handsome.....
    Ink and Cartridges

    ReplyDelete