Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth Schmourth

We celebrated the 4th a day early.  The 3rd is where it's at!  And we celebrated the only way we know how.... At the pool.  :)
Photobucket

There was lots of sliding...

Photobucket

And there were lots of big, stupid, annoying bees and wasps and "GET THE "H" AWAY FROM MY CHILD BEFORE I GOUGE YOUR EYE OUT WITH MY THUMB!" -- Or just tensely splash water in your direction from a safe distance and then watch your relatives drown in the pool.

Photobucket
For real, though, they're scary!


Now, all bees aside, Maddie was quite popular. This little boy spotted her from across the pee pool and practically ran to meet her.

Photobucket

Maddie, however, did what any self respecting 1 year old woman would do and played hard to get...

Photobucket

So, he persisted...

Photobucket

And, again, being the self respecting woman she is.... she totally caved.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This kid was a TOTAL charmer!

But they're little date was short lived... cause Maddie much prefers to conquer the world on her own, right now.

Photobucket

The only word I can think of to describe Maddie's personality is demure. She is very reserved...very bashful when you first meet her...and when she does something awesome that deserves applause and excitement, she coyly smiles... She doesn't want to brag, you know... I guess she gets that from her dad.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The picture on the right kills me hahaha

She is usually very serious... :)

Photobucket


But that doesn't stop a few certain someones from becoming wrapped around her adorable little fingers...

Photobucket
We LOVE beautiful Aunt Erin... :)

And Dad's TOTALLY whipped, too...

Photobucket

But NOT ME! Nope, I see totally right through it and find her quite needy and selfish--And she has most definitely been dissing me lately!!  Like, crying when I try to take her out of Nana Poole's arms.  No, it did NOT make me feel like she ripped my heart out of my chest.  Psh.  No, as a matter of fact I did not bring it up to her 10 times over today after Nana left...telling her things like "Why did you hurt my feelings?" and "I would NEVER do that to you!"  You know, mom guilt stuff.  Nope.  Didn't happen.  I'll admit, the break was nice... but my heart was light and my soul at peace once it was business as usual....

Photobucket

In other 4th of July news that's not as exciting and in poor picture quality, I have found the one thing in the world that I can say I'm better at than Chad.... MONOPOLY! I taught him a few strategies and guess what he's been doing all night...

Photobucket


And guess what, Peeps!!!!!!! We have.... **for sure drum roll**....

Photobucket


Sloppy, hasty, look what I can do Mommy pigtails, but pigtails nonetheless!! :) (Are you looking at my dinosaur tv? Stop looking at my dinosaur tv. I'm proud! And I'm hoping to be the last people in the world to buy a flat screen... Kind of like my parents being the last people in their zip code with caller ID. The same parents, btw, who have a gagillion inch 3d TV)

Ok, I think that's it....hope your weekend was safe and wonderful!

Photobucket

Happy Fourth, World!

7 comments:

  1. Ok a) those pictures of maddoe and that little boy are HILARIOUS b) Erin looks adorable and I love her swim suit and c) maddoe TOTALLY smizes!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I seriously love chads hair! For real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, no, her model eyes! Hahahaha. She's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting quite good with a camera :) Lovley images of a radiant little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Itty bitty piggy tails are the sweetest! I used to call my daughter's bone straight hair "horns" because they stuck straight up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a great third of july!! your daughter is adorable and the little scene with her and the little boy is so cute!

    http://www.thelateafternoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is soooo cute!!! Loved the piggies, too!

    ReplyDelete