Wednesday, July 20, 2011

RAW!!!

Ok, so JUST TODAY I started shooting in the RAW.  I'd heard from some people that RAW was all they shot in... and heard from others that RAW was just a space waster and really wasn't necessary.  I started out with just JPEG and didn't think too much about it until recently.  O. M. G.  It has completely changed my pictures!  I'm so excited!  It's changed my editing, too....  :)  Here are some shots I took today using the RAW format...

I went to the park with AWESOME Mary and snapped a few random pics of some of her kids...and kids she babysits.

Here's Ruby in color...
Photobucket
Here's Kolby, Mary's youngest...
Photobucket
A quick shot of Mary's second oldest, Nate AKA The Baby Whisperer with Mads and Kolby...
Photobucket
Sugar BUG!
Photobucket
And, of course, my latest OBSESSION. THE PIGS.
Photobucket
So, THIS wonderful chica let me tag along one of her family shoots. I stole a FEW shots, but for the most part, I watched and helped where I could. This is her beautiful daughter Hannah...
Photobucket
Here are a few of the shots I was able to steal of her lovely subjects, the Zellers. They have THE most beautiful kids. SO sweet and super fun to shoot. Caymbree was a total charmer. She smiled SO easily and was full of joy... 
Photobucket
And this little guy, Cohen, was quite comical! Jenny wanted to get a shot of the family feet. When she asked if we could take his shoes off for a shot, he FREAKED out. We were all very confused. It turns out, he thought he was getting a "SHOT" hahaha... TOO funny... This was a random shot I took when they were changing outfits...
Photobucket

More later... :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the "pigs" ... so cute! Wow, you are a brave one, shooting raw is so beyond my abilities, I am barely mastering my point and shoot :)

    Your pictures are looking incredible!

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  2. shooting in RAW really does make a difference if you're going to be doing high detailed editing. for me though it just seems to waste space on my computer. the photos look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lovely kids and awesome photography.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Kids Educational Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looked through all of your posts - I really like your blog! Great photos, great sense of humor, and what a cute daughter you have!

    ReplyDelete