Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Trails

4:30am- Dallas Time:

Let me start by saying that I'm so glad we got Toll Tags.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It's slightly more awesome than remembering you need cash WHEN YOU ARRIVE at the airport and a little better than writing a check for a dollar. It's way cooler when you can say to yourself upon arriving at the airport, "oh yeah, we have a Toll Tags"

Other than the Tag, this trip has started off better than any other trip I've taken. This is the first time, EVER, that I've efficiently packed--with a LIST.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I've also N-E-V-E-R packed before 2am and it's all thanks to the afore mentioned list. About three days ago I saw this post by Heart of a Blonde and became INSPIRED. Why did that list excite me!? Gee, i dont know, maybe it's the fantastic handwriting I want turned into a font? That and it's so-- Neat! My list seriously helped me pack. I looked like someone important walking around with a clipboard, checking things off. Though, in comparison to her list, mine is quite dumpy... No, really, go look. (I tried to class mine up by writing *under garments*...successful, no?)  It was so nice being able to wake up and go, knowing everything was where it needed to be.

While packing last night, I found this in my bag when I returned from the bathroom:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She was just doing her job of turning straight, neat things into bendy, messy things. Success my bug! Trophy for you! She actually spotted Buddy in the suitcase and was rescuing him. It's really Buddy 2... But she doesn't know there's a Buddy 2. A little mom secret. We got them at Pier I Imports. FYI, they also have tons of other unique and adorable stuffed animals.

Moving on.

Before boarding, there was lots of work to be done...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And she did it with a smile.
********************
9:30am Salt Lake time:

First flight went VERY well, here's what she did for the first 30 min...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Then she was totally content sitting in my lap...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She got a pretty big kick out of looking out the window.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We're on the second flight now and we have a whole row to ourselves!!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thank you, Trudy at Delta gate C03! You were delightful!

I'm typing this on my iphone now and she's been doing this for the past 20 minutes (we only have 30 left)...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

***************
3:16pm Spokane time:

She slept like that the WHOLE flight. She is the BEST baby ever. She did LOTS of "hi" and "bye"... Was pretty much the most popular baby ever.  Also, the list... it SO payed off!  I felt calm and collected ALL day and new where everything was.  Everything I needed was accessible!  Everything I needed safe (computer, camera, broken hard drive) stayed safe and tucked in AWAY from any Maddie snacks.

We arrived in Spokane at 9:30... Went to lunch... And came home and took a nap. Operation baby travel SUCCESS.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the list! Gets me all tingly and excited too!! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so glad you packed your mom's underwear???what?!?!?HA!

    ReplyDelete