Thursday, July 14, 2011

Buh-Bee

Maddie's current vocabulary:

  • Mama
  • Dada
  • bah-bah (bottle)
  • bu-pup (up-up)
  • pea  (please).... 
  • hi
  • bye

All of which she was coerced into sort of kind of saying until they eventually stuck.  I think Dada was first.  I realized she knew what dada meant when the door chimed when we were home by ourselves and she called out "dada??"  Whenever we're home and hear the door chime, we look at each other very excited and I say "is that dada???"  Then we hide.  I miss him.  The next word was  bah-bah.  Stupid me didn't realize we were supposed to wean her off the bottle at 1 year, so I've been all "ohhhh, whooooo wants bahhhhhbahhhhhh... who needs dere bahhhh bahhh to go niiiiiight niiiiight?!?  Yessssss  bah bah's our frieeeendddd.  You looooooove bah bah, don't you!?"  

Yeah.


She was very easily weaned and would go to bed without it, but nap time??  I quickly discovered that she would peacefully lay down for a 2 hour nap if "bah bah" (said like very sad baby girl who just always needs her bah bah) went with her.  That and being away from home for a month?  Uh, yeah, bah bah is close at hand.  Now she even looks at me and says 'bah bah" and I know she's ready for a nap.

Needless to say, every word in her vocabulary was paid for in moronic begging and repetitive phrases like "Maddie say up-up.. up-up..up-up! She says it seriously believe me she says it.. come on Maddie say up!  Say up!  Say up-up-up-up"  Every word except "Buh-Bee"  Nope, this new word she got on her very own.  Today.  After nap time.  :)

After her nap, I lifted her out of the crib.  She smiled a quick second then whipped back around to her bed to reach down inside it.  "Buh-bee" she yelled.  Like, "Mom!  We can't forget buh-bee!"  Of COURSE, Maddie Joy, we'll NEVER forget Buh-bee.....

Photobucket
Pictured left to right:  Buh-bee (Buddy) and Mads

5 comments:

  1. She does love her buddy! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's had buh bee with her from the very beginning :) this post is precious. Y'all are going to come home and she'll be driving?!

    Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos, just starting to browse, thank you for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style Jen! This post is especially sweet!

    Hugs to you and Maddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Team Lando!

    Kelly: You're sweet! I'm learning! I'm a baby, but I've got a goal!

    ReplyDelete